What are scholarships and grants?
How to find scholarships on Naviance
Log on to Naviance:
- Click on the Colleges tab on the top left of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find scholarship information.
Click here for information on how to log on to Naviance
Top Twelve Tips on Winning a Scholarship
1. Don't wait until spring of your senior year to start searching! There are many available to students in grades K-11!
2. Use a free scholarship matching service like Naviance offers, or Fastweb.com
3. Answer all of the optional questions on a scholarship matching web site for about twice as many matches!
4. Check on Naviance or the Career Center for local scholarships.
5. Apply to EVERY scholarship for which you are eligible. It's a numbers game, It gets easier after your first 6 applications. Essays can be reused and tailored to each new application.
6. DON'T MISS DEADLINES!
7. Tailor your application to the sponsor's goals. Read and follow instructions carefully.
8. Difficulty writing essays? Record yourself answering the question out loud and transcribe the recording.
9. Personalize your essay and be passionate. Write about something of interest to you. Give examples and be specific.
10. Use a clean email address. Review your Facebook account.
11. Proofread a printed copy of your essay and the application for spelling and grammar errors.
12. Make a copy of your application before mailing it. To guarantee you meet deadline dates, consider sending the application by certified mail, return receipt requested or with delivery confirmation.